World Wide Web shrink the world. Let’s pause for a while, and ponder what the world was like before the WWW came along and super-charge everything in its path.
- Before the Internet came along, we depended on library for information
- Before the e-book came along, we immersed ourselves with physical books
- Before there was telephone, we conversed face-to-face
- Before there was Facebook, we networked through friends and events
- Before there was email, we sent handwritten letters with snail mail
- Before there was computer games, we played board games
- Before the influx of note-taking apps, we had pen and paper
To many of us, the world revolves around technology. But, it’s a welcomed approach to take a step back, get away from being a slave to technology.
Take time to smell the roses, sit in the cafe and people-watch. Visit museums, go picnic, take a stroll in the park. Wake up early and watch the sun rise, stay up late and star gaze. Take a bike and tour around the neighbourhood. Find a windy, unobstructed spot and fly a kite. Watch it soar up into the blue sky. Know when to pull, and when to release.
That’s how life should be – achieving the right mix of everything.